The Odgen Estate was established about 1900 by Albert Ogden and his second wife Esther Herdman.
Albert Ogden was born in 1847 in Peel County, and was the son of William and Rebecca Ward. Albert grew up on the family farm but attended Toronto Collegiate Institute and then law school. He was called to the bar in 1876 and worked at a number of Toronto firms before becoming a partner in McMichael, Hoskin and Odgen in the 1880s. Following Mr. Hoskin's death Albert practiced alone for several years before entering into a partnership with Mr. Bowlby. They had their offices at 23 Toronto Street.
Albert was the long-time solicitor for the Salvation Army where he looked after the legal affairs of the organization first in Toronto and later the entire country. He was a leader in the Queen Street Methodist Church, later moving to the Eaton Memorial Church.
Mr. Ogden's first wife was Mary Leadley with whom he had six children. She died in 1895 and he married his second wife Esther Herdman the following year and had two more children. Albert died in 1921. Esther remarried in 1923 to Ebenezer Brock Lauceley.
Their Mimico Beach estate remained until about 1961 when The Landmark apartment complex at 2493 Lake Shore Blvd West was built on the estate.