Manning/Gentles Estate - 2607 Lake Shore Blvd. West
© Michael Harrison 2010
The large house at 2607 Lake Shore Blvd. W. was built for Edward Manning in 1922 in the "Arts & Craft" style. Edward B. Manning was President of E.B. Manning & Company, which sold stocks, bonds and unlimited securities from their offices in the Dominion Bank Building at 68 Yonge Street.
Later it was purchased by Charles Gentles in 1928. Gentles was President of Chas. Gentles Investments with offices across the street from Manning at 69 Yonge Street. The Gentles family remained in the home until the early 1950s.